After doing all that hard work on behalf of horses (and our other deserving animals), cool off with this dreamy treat.
We have already tried them and we couldn’t wait until the weekend to tell you about them. They are vegan and gluten free.
From One Green Planet. Naturally!
Creamy Chai Coconut Popsicles
4 cups almond milk
3 chai tea bags
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 cups coconut cream (about 1 can)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup dark chocolate
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/4 cup almonds, crushed
You will need popsicle molds of course.
- Heat the almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Steep the chai tea bags in the almond milk for 10-15 minutes for a strong flavor.
- Mix in cinnamon, cardamom, coconut sugar, coconut cream, and vanilla until everything is dissolved and the liquid is smooth and creamy. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the popsicle moulds and sticks by sitting the sticks in a warm water bath. This helps prevent the sticks from popping up when inserted into the mould. Once the chai coconut liquid is cool, pour into moulds until level with the top.
- Place the lid on and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicles from moulds once frozen, run the bottom of the mould under warm water for 30 seconds. Allow it to sit and loosen for about 2-3 minutes. While the moulds are thawing, melt the chocolate.
- When ready to remove the popsicles, gently pull upward to get a clean, neat popsicle. Lay them on parchment paper and liberally drizzle melted chocolate to cover the popsicles. Sprinkle with crushed almonds.
SOURCE: Image and Recipe — One Green Planet »
1 thought on “Cool off vegan style with these creamy chai coconut popsicles”
Wow! I have to try these! I love cool treats on a stick in the Summer that are good for you!