Are you a baker? I am a baker. Who is always looking for something new.
Made these yesterday, and will be adding these dinner rolls to what will be a table groaning with vegan fabulousness this Thanksgiving.
Vegan Sweet Potato Rolls — Soft Herb Dinner Rolls
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk (warmed to just about warm to touch)
- 2 tsp active yeast
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree (canned or boiled, steamed sweet potato that has been mashed/pureed well)
- 2 tbsp oil (optional), see tips section for no oil
- 3 cups of flour (divided – I use a mix of all purpose flour and whole wheat 2:1)
- 3/4 to 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, chives or a combination, or 2 tbsp fresh herbs)
- Oil (or vegan butter for brushing)
US Customary – Metric
Looking for inspired vegan sides? Check these out!
If you have any special vegan recipe requests please leave them in comments.