Woo hoooo, I am feeling raggedy today. What a week. Has yours been crazy too? I thought September was harsh, but now we are getting into October I don’t seeing it lightening up on us all. And you KNOW what’s around the corner . . . !
I love these recipes because they are yummy, fun and easy to make. Anybody can do these. While you are at it, make bunches for a quick grab and go. We all want that right? Here’s a video. Make sure you turn your sound down or you’ll get blared at. Wink!
If you can’t do oats, then do these with quinoa. Ya’ll know what that is right? I especially love quinoa, chopped dates and toasted walnuts, using vanilla vegan yoghurt. Yes ma’am.
Let’s see. What else was there? Oh, yeah. I got out my Insta Pot and I am making this. It’s overcast and in the 50’s and probably only reach the 60s. So it’s the right time!
Yes, that’s cauliflower mashed potatoes. Yummmmmm! Go here to read the recipe.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 10 oz (8 oz) sliced mushrooms mixed or white or cremini
- 1/4 cup (58.75 ml) brandy or whiskey or red wine or use broth
- 3/4 cup (75 g) chopped carrots
- 1 cup (101 g) chopped celery
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) dried thyme or 1 tbsp fresh
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce ,tamari for gluten-free, coconut aminos for soyfree
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water or broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch mixed in 3 tbsp water (you can also add 2 tbsp of the mashed potato mixture to thicken)
- 1 cup (30 g) of spinach or greens
- 1 large potato cubed small
- 1 cup (100 g) cauliflower florets (heaping cup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 4 tbsp non dairy milk
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) each salt garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
I’m liking the Youtube videos better on my laptop than Insta; but loving Insta on my phone. I’ve got a little stand for it so I can watch and cook or bake recipes.
Some of ya’ll been writing about pumpkin recipes. Sorry I haven’t posted on that yet. I-m a-gonna . . . . as they say around here. Smile!