Source: Food and Home »
- LEMON-CASHEW CREAM
- 150g cashew nuts
- 375ml (1½ cups) water
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered lengthways
- 16 small asparagus spears
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 280g jar artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- 160g frozen petit pois peas, defrosted
- 50g capers
- 1 x 500g packet vegan pappardelle*, cooked according to packaging instructions
- small handful chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- lemon wedges, to serve
*You can find this at Whole Foods. You can also order it on Amazon but it is a bit pricey.
For the lemon-cashew cream, place all the ingredients in a blender. Set aside to soak for 5 – 10 minutes before blitzing to a smooth cream. Transfer to a large jar with a lid, but reserve 4 tbsp of the cream in a separate bowl for later use. Set aside until needed.
For the pappardelle, toss the zucchini quarters and asparagus spears in the olive oil. Season to taste and set aside.
Heat a griddle pan placed over high heat. Place the zucchini and asparagus in the pan and grill until charred in places, 2 – 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
Using the same griddle pan placed over high heat, chargrill the artichoke hearts until charred in places, 2 – 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and add to the zucchini and asparagus. Place the petit pois and capers in the griddle pan and toss until heated through. Remove from heat and add to the chargrilled veg.
To serve, add the chargrilled veg and lemon-cashew cream to the cooked pappardelle and toss until well combined. Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls. Drizzle each portion with 1 tbsp of the reserved lemon-cashew cream and garnish with a sprinkling of the chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley. Enjoy with the lemon wedges alongside, for squeezing.