Welcome to another “Advocate From Your Plate” recommended Vegan recipe.
CREAMY AVOCADO PASTA
By Oh She Glows (with permission)
This delicious Creamy Avocado Pasta can be on your table in 15 minutes.
I have seen this recipe in numerous places, so do not know who originated it. This one is grabbed from delectable food creator Oh She Glows who says:
Creamy, thick, and rich with lots of garlic flavour and a hint of lemon. This is my newest favourite pasta dish. The avocado works wonderfully in this recipe to create a sauce so creamy and thick, you will think there is cream hiding in there.
NOTE: Be prepared to eat it right away and all in one go, as it does not re-heat well because of the avocado.
CREAMY AVOCADO PASTA RECIPE
– 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
– 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
– 2 to 3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
– 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
– 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3 oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
– Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.
Vegan Recipes are part of the The Horse Fund’s Advocate From Your Plate campaign.
MORE RECIPES >>