GovTrack is a stellar resource with a wealth of useful information besides identifying who represents you in the U.S. House and Senate. Use GovTrack to find out who represents you in Congress, what bills they have sponsored, and how they voted. We highly recommend it.
To find and contact your U.S. Senator:
- Visit the Senate website (www.senate.gov).
- Conduct a search using the Find Your Senators pull-down menu in the upper right corner (select your state and click Go).
- On the results page is a link to the Senators’ website, contact information, and links to an online contact form (forms vary by Senator).
To find and contact your U.S. Representative:
- Visit the House of Representatives website (www.house.gov).
- Conduct a search using the Find Your Representative zip code search box in the upper right corner (enter your zip code and click Go).
- On the results page is a photo of your Representative(s), links to the Representative’s personal website and online contact form, and a local map.
- In the event your zip code overlaps with multiple congressional districts, the results page will include boxes for you to enter your zip code+4 or mailing address to find the correct Representative.
Zip Code Lookup
Find your 9 digit zip code.
Rather use social media?
Using the steps above, navigate to the Congress members’ personal website to find links to their social media accounts, usually indicated by the icon of the social media platform and often located in the upper or lower left or right corners of the website homepage.
U.S. Capitol Switchboard
Telephone the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and an operator will put you through to your lawmaker’s office. You must already know the name of your legislators when calling. They will not look them up for you!