Is it too early to say New Year’s resolution? How about resolving right now to volunteer in 2019 with The Horse Fund?
The Horse Fund thrives because of our dedicated team of volunteers. We have two types of volunteers. But before we get to that, please know that we are not a rescue; we do not have any horses. We are an advocacy group protecting horses through intervention, education and legislation.
Full Time Volunteers
By full time we mean in terms of commitment, not hours. These are volunteer staff who work 2 – 10 hours per week throughout the year who are either (a) assigned to a particular issue or (b) assigned to an ongoing campaign.
Part Time Volunteers
These are volunteer staff who work when called on for short-term projects or to help staff on a particular campaign. Short-term projects can last anywhere from a few days to a few months.
What You Need to Have
• Regular access to internet service and a personal email account you check frequently.
• Internet research and reporting skills.
• Good written and verbal skills.
• Experience in any area of social media is always an asset.
• The ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision.
• Commitment to the Fund’s philosophy and policies.
• Confident you can think on your feet and be cool under pressure.
• The steely mentality necessary to face horrific acts of cruelties to horses.
• Disciplined work ethic.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
What You Need to Know
You do not need to be an expert on horse protection and safety issues. You can learn that.
You do not need previous experience with an organization like ours. Come as you are and bring what you have.
You do not need an in-depth knowledge of horses. You can learn that. However, any understanding you already have of horses and their needs will be very valuable.
What you need to have more than anything else is a deep love for horses and dedication to the betterment of their lives.
You also need an open heart and an open mind.
There’s nobody quite like us, who think or take action the way we do. We are leaders, not followers.
Be sure to include your preferred telephone number and the best time to call. We will telephone you within 2-3 business days of receipt.